Thursday 29 November 2012

I ♥ Brighton

It is getting considerably colder which makes me want to take out my lush winter fur coat and go there:

Winter is my favourite season. You get to wear layers, nice boots and cosy scarfs. You tend to look rosy and crisp. One of the things I was looking forward to when we were moving to London last February is how amazing the Christmas period is going to be. Unfortunately I still have to wait a good while before I get to enjoy that, and skating is most definitely not on the cards for me this year. Therefore I thought I will reminiscent a little and share with you a memory of a happier time, when I wasn't a peg leg and my dreams of a fairytale Christmas were a solid plan rather than a reminder of my self inflicted misery.



The following is one of mine and K's favourite things to do. When all gets to much, we are in a mood for and adventure or need to add colour to our grim days, we go for drives. We get into a car and think of a place to go to. Sometimes we use the sat nav, sometimes we just drive in a direction, sometimes the direction is as vague as East. This summer we went Brighton way and fell in love. It reminded us of Glasgow with its atmosphere, crazy people and architecture. It reminded me of my hometown, both Brighton and Sopot being sea resorts with debouchery on their mind and donut stands on every corner. So we went there a lot.

Here is some of our memories:

Brighton turns you into a brighter person...
Burned pier in a stormy weather
Our new pal, more curious then scared chilling in September sun
Everything saturated in sweet tackiness. Here K and I gambling and enjoying a ride on a massive hammer with spectacular views.
K and I, M and J seen through a Donut world and flowers from a bingo parlour.

It is common knowledge that where there is gambling, fun fairs and breeze love tends to bloom.



2 comments: