Wednesday 5 December 2012

Two things worth living for: snogs and snow

K woke me up this morning (it was still night time really) shouting that it is snowing. And it was, it was rather spectacular! You need to understand how much I love snow. It seems like nothing bad can happen when the world is covered in a white douvet. Since at the time of me writing this there is barely any snow left, it is England after all, I thought I can share another memory of manmade yogurt snow, which is available at the SNOG institution.

Those pictures are from a time K and I ventured out to Chelsea for an evening stroll. This is something we used to do a lot in Glasgow-go for walks and peek into people's windows and bitch about what we would or wouldn't do if this was our house. We lived in Hyndland so there was plenty of opportunity to do so. Most buildings have large bay windows in the living rooms, as well as converted basements, so walking round those streets gives you an impression of lifestyle shop displays. It is actually quite an interesting sociological study. I like to play a game in which I make up life stories of tennants occupying particular flats.

Anyway, that is what K and I were doing in Chelsea, where buildings are built in a similar way which encourages are voyaristic inclinations. After some time of wandering the streets and shouting out: "I want this sofa in my future flat" or "can we move in here please", we ended up here:

K went for a green tea snog with a super foods mix, almond silvers and white chocolate stars. He can be obsessively health conscious like that ;) My snog of choice was chocolate with almonds, white chocolate stars, brownie pieces and Mochi
Shortly after this trip we decided it's high time we get an ice cream maker to make our own frozen yoghurts. Turns out they are much easier to eat when you don't realise how much sugar goes in them...

(Snog uses agave syrup instead of sugar claiming it is healthier, but really I think it's just a marketing thing...)

As much as I like fantasising about different things I would love to have in my future house, the only thing I really need is that someone who wakes me up when it's snowing in the early hours on a Wednesday morning






No comments:

Post a Comment